Resources and Links
TX PACT Information
- TX PACT content exams are not used for certification, and are not subject to the five-time limit.
- TX PACT content exam scores are valid for EPP enrollment purposes for one calendar year.
- Exam fees for most TX PACT areas will be $106, and $56 for exams with subtests (e.g. American Sign Language and Essential Academic Skills, etc.) The Texas.gov fee will continue to be assessed.
- All testing candidates will need a TEA ID number before registering with Pearson. The Educator Certification Online System (ECOS) for Educators that is accessed through TEAL will provide a TEA ID. For help with TEAL account access, please enter a request to TEAL Access through the TEA Help Desk.
- If you have questions, please submit a ticket through the TEA Help Desk, or visit the Pearson Texas program website, www.tx.nesinc.com and click “Contact us.”
Degree(s) Outside of the United States
Foreign Credential Evaluation
You are required to have a complete transcript review by a Texas Education Agency (TEA) approved Foreign Credential Evaluation Service.
Mail the sealed, unexpired official foreign transcript evaluation* to:
ESC, Region 20 c/o TOPP
1314 Hines Avenue
San Antonio, Texas 78208
*TOPP will only accept official foreign transcript evaluations submitted to TOPP in the transcript evaluation company's sealed envelope or submitted to TOPP electronically by the transcript evaluation company.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States, not including US Territories.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree earned at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States approved by the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC).
- Verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT). Please use the ESC-20 TOPP Designated Institution Code: C012. When scores are received by the applicant, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speaking 24
- Listening 22
- Reading 22
- Writing 21
Employed by a district as a JROTC instructor
Placed on a teaching permit by a school district
$1,975 for teacher certification program
- $100 paid at Orientation
- $1,875 paid in 6 monthly installments