Pass the TX PACT exam
Submit online application Requires a nonrefundable $50.00 fee
Submit all transcripts for review - From every community college and university attended including dual credit coursework earned while in high school.
Haberman online teacher pre-screener interview
If you have reason to believe that you may be ineligible for educator certification due to a conviction or deferred adjudication for a felony or misdemeanor offense, it is advised that you request a Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation. For more information or to request a Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation, visit the Texas Education Agency Website.
PROGRAM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree conferred or in the last semester of college
- 2.5 GPA cumulative in undergraduate coursework or within the last 60 hours
- Passing score on a TX PACT (Pre-Admission Content Area Test) - TX PACT Exemption Chart
- Submission of sealed transcripts
- Passing score on program screening instrument
- Signed acknowledgment of formal acceptance letter
Pre-Admission Content Tests (PACT): This is the teacher content certification exam also known as the TExES content certification exams. The exams are referred to as PACT when a person is seeking entrance into an Alternative Certification Program.
A passing score on a PACT is required for admission to TOPP.
You are eligible to take a PACT if:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher or are in the last semester of degree coursework
- Have never been admitted to a State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) approved Educator Preparation Program (EPP)
- Go to: www.tx.nesinc.com/
- Click on "Step-by-step guide" and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you are not eligible to take a PACT:
DEGREES OUTSIDE THE U.S.
For degrees conferred outside of the U.S.:
You are required to have a complete transcript review by an approved Foreign Credential Evaluation Service.
If English is not your first language:
You must also take and pass the TOEFL iBT test, which measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level.
Submit transcripts, transcript evaluation, and passing TOEFL scores to email@example.com.
Required TOEFL scores
- Speaking 24
- Listening 22
- Reading 22
- Writing 21
Earn your teacher certification or earn dual credit toward your administrative certification while working on your teacher certification.
- 2.5 GPA in Bachelor’s degree for teacher certification
- 3.0 GPA in Master’s degree for administrative certification
- $1,600 for teacher certification program
- $6,500 for administrative certification program