ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND PROGRAM FEES
- Bachelor’s* or Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Two years of leadership experience
- Letter of recommendation from current supervisor
- Three professional references
- Passing score on screening interview (internal process)
*A Master’s degree must be conferred prior to being recommended for a Texas Standard Principal as Instructional Leader Certificate.
- Application fee $50 (non-refundable)
- CoLA Program cost $7,725
For University of Incarnate Word Partnership fee information, please refer to the University of the Incarnate Word Partnership tab.
Additional fees not included in the total program cost:
- TExES Exam (268) - registration fees paid directly to Pearson.
- Performance Assessment for School Leaders- PASL (368) - registration fees paid directly to ETS.
- SBEC Certification applications - fees paid directly to TEA/SBEC.
- Extension of program timeline - additional fees paid directly to the CoLA program.
Note: Payment options are available. Fees are subject to change and reflect information available at the time of posting.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINES
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 25 BEGINNING
TUESDAY, APRIL 6, 2021
Starting the Application
When asked to create an account, use the following:
Username: Your last name (case sensitive)
Password: Social Security Number
Applicants will be asked to indicate their intended track:
- Certification only, Certification with Masters (UIW), or Certification with PhD (UIW)
- Valid Texas Educator Certificate
- Service Record (Contact your district Human Resources office)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (Copies will not be accepted.)
- Current resume
- Letter of Recommendation from current supervisor
- Contact information for three professional references (not including current campus principal)
- Site Supervisor Commitment and Letter of Recommendation
Secure electronic versions of transcripts or “e-scripts” may be sent to: email@example.com
Official transcripts may be mailed to:
Education Service Center - Region 20
Attn: CoLA Staff
1314 Hines Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78208
Applicants will receive a screening interview questionnaire via email upon initiating an online application. This instrument will be used to determine applicant readiness prior to entering the program. Please scan and email completed questionnaires to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A $50 application fee will be assessed prior to processing any application.
Credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) payments may be processed within the online application “pay fee” tab or over the phone by calling Maggie Schmidt at 210-370-5489.
|Cohort||Application Deadline||Start/Orientation Date|
|Cohort 25||May 31, 2021||June 14, 2021|
All application components must be submitted prior to the application deadline to be processed. Due to the depth of application review, applications received after May 31, 2021 will not be processed.
We look forward to assisting you on your school leadership pathway!
If you have reason to believe that you may be ineligible for educator certification due to a conviction or deferred adjudication for a felony or misdemeanor offense, it is advised that you request a Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation. For more information or to request a Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation, visit the Texas Education Agency Website.